Friday, August 12, 2011

How to refinish furniture

Find a good piece of furniture for $20 that has character and a good shape.

Remove all of the knobs and reinforce any of the drawers that are not sturdy. Then use a fine sand paper to take the smoothness away from the wood finish


Once it's sanded, spray "kilz" primer in an even coat.


It should look about like this

Pick a color you like in a semi gloss, and give it a couple coats. After it dries, put the handles back on (or buy new handles at Hobby Lobby or Antrhopologie). Then you're done!!! I did a peachy pink with gold accents. Fun project and cute for my new room



2 comments:

Kimberly Moore said...

yay! Love it. Where are you living now?

Leilani W. said...

How funny! I've been looking around EVERYWHERE to figure out how to refurnish my new dresser! Thanks a ton! I love what you did! :)