Sunday, August 16, 2009

So I'm a closet writer

As most of you know, I love to write. Blogs, journals, poetry, fiction, research, you name it. It's time for me to start sharing some of it :)


Victory Woman

I am the loving mother of many,
the defiant daughter of the city.
Like a motherless child I beg for another,
someone to love me and hold me
so my weeping can be heard.
A shoulder to bury my face in;
a face distorted by childish fear.

Yes, I will be rocked to sleep -
my chest rising and falling in rhythm.
As the city moves, my tears fall to the ground;
they fall behind and are forgotten.

The blanket of night ecompasses me.
It brings warmth to my tattered soul.
The seconds progress and I awaken -
bright eyed but my head is pounding.

Vivid colors of grass and flowers,
my mind races to take in my surroundings.
I breathe in.

Let the sun penetrate my naked shoulders.
Stand up in this empty field -
put on my game face to take on the city.

1 comment:

Vanessa and Kevin said...

Dang, that's DEEP! Keep posting your poetry, it inspires me to write! AMAZING.