Monday, September 22, 2008

Getting Things Started in Utah


To start my year off in Utah, my mom came back up with me and helped (more like i helped her) get everything of mine out of storage and back into the old apartment. I couldn't have done it without her, specially because everytime we came to a heavy box I either let her get it, or attempted to carry it myself when she would see the look of distress and pain on my face and take it from me. She is strong; I am not. We had a lot of fun while she was here, and i felt like we were on one of those home make-over shows on HGTV, cause she transformed what was once a smelly, damp, dark, and depressingly plain apartment into a place I am happy to call my home. The picture above is me and mom at Thanksgiving Point, a few hours before she left Provo.


Last week I had quite the adventure. My morning started off with the BYU Football game. BYU has such a good team that I find the games rather boring... two weeks in a row the final score was 48 ish to 0, BYU. After the game, my friend Tyler Pack and I went to India fest at a Hindu temple in Spanish Fork. It was SOOO awesome!! We sat on the floor in their temple and chanted with them "Hare Krishna..." We had so much fun. the picture above is on the second floor of the temple.



Standing too close for comfort to the Llamas... The one just to the right of me is about to spit.



This is the temple, and a crowd of people watching some dancing.



This weekend Ben came to visit me. We had so much fun. The picture above is the two of us at the farmers market at Pioneer Park in Provo. We went and bought fruit at the stands and all that fun stuff.




This is the DELICIOUS veggie tin foil dinner that I made! Ben and I went with a group of people, Ashley Hansen invited me, up to the Alpine loop where we had a campfire and made dinners and smores.




One of the nights Ben was here we got some acrylic paint and canvas at Walmart. We started off with the baby stuff, just some water color paintings, but the next day we both worked on our first master pieces. These are our attempts and being painters, Ben hasn't quite finished his but they turned out pretty good!


Ben and I in my living room, I put this up cause you can kind of see my living room. Its cute! One of these days I'll get around to posting pictures of the apartment on here.


Andrew and Megan are two of Teddy's really good friends, who I am also friends with. The four of us went to Happy Sumo and ate the BEST SUSHI EVER. Andrew and Megs are so hilarious i love hanging out with them. They were so nice to let us stay there on Saturday since the boys Ben was staying with the other nights were out of town. While at there house, we all took political compass tests and watched funny videos about Sarah Palin on youtube :)


This is my roommate Laci and I about to go up to the temple.


And this is Jacie, Laci and I at the temple.

1 comment:

Kodi & Lindsey said...

miss you!! i'm sorry i missed your going away dinner. this last sunday was the first time i've been to you parents house for dinner in like 2 months. i've been soooo sick its been pretty lame. on the bright side i've lost 13 lbs so thats exciting :) will you be down for thanksgiving?