Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Strangers

Alright, I admit I have a fetish with meeting strangers and getting to know them. This weekend, I went to Vegas for Laci Toups' wedding. This was my first time in Vegas, other than the airport. After spending a day at the wedding and on the strip, I planned on sleeping in the airport and flying to Phoenix the next morning. However, my old roommate's boyfriend's sister and family overheard my plans and offered me a bed, and a ride to the airport the following morning.

So being the person I am, I jumped at the opportunity to stay by myself in these lovely strangers home. They have the two cutest little girls who I played with and did their hair. I slept oh-so-comfortably there which I don't think I would have done in the airport.

Once at the airport, I sat next to a black guy in his mid 20's. I started crocheting a beanie for Kodi, and noticed that he was staring at the needle and yarn. Once we boarded the plane, we started to chat a little bit, and I asked if he wanted to learn how to crochet. So I taught him.

Can you picture that? Me, a black football coach in his late 20's, crocheting together??

I love the simple pleasures I get in meeting strangers.

2 comments:

Jacie Saltzman said...

haha :) i love it

nicole ellis said...

Willi i love you!!!! of course you did their hair....they probably love you more than me...but don't steal my bf :) ha ha. glad you got home safe!