Monday, January 12, 2009

What a way to start the new year

Ben and all his favorite girls at his farewell

So this is the first post of 2009!!! The family reunion in aspen groves was really fun. We stayed in a lodge with the whole family, i think it was 34 of us. I feel so lucky to have such a huge and great family who all still like each other now that we're adults. Pictures are still on the way... my mom was gonna send them a while ago but you know her and technology dont mix.

I started school on the 5th; my classes are going well and I think I'm really going to enjoy creative writing and my literature class. Physiology is intimidating but we'll just have to wait and see how the tests go.


This past weekend I flew home (thanks to Carole and Leonard) for Ben's farewell. It was a really good weekend full of my favorite people. Ben gave a really good talk and we all went to his house for lunch afterwords.


Sunday evening on the way to the airport I was able to go to Dennis Barney's viewing. It was AMAZING how many people came to show their support of the Barney family. The memorial set up for him was also beautiful, so many pictures of his family and children. He is one of the greatest men I have ever known and he will obviously be missed by so many people.


Now I'm back in Provo... back to school. Sometimes it can be hard to come back here when Arizona is so comfortable. My family is there, all of my close friends are there, and the sun shines there. Utah doesn't have ANY of those things haha. But Utah does have BYU and that's where I need to be I suppose.


Me and my two best friends, our last picture together!!


Sissy Tedster and I


It is also really hard to leave the cleanliness and comfort of my parent's home only to come to my filthy apartment where the heater has been out for a week and a half.

3 comments:

joslyn marie said...

aw bens farewell! how excitingggg! okay missy you are busted; this is the 2nd time you have come to arizona without seeing me!!! i miss youuu

Willi Nixon said...

sorry jos i only came for 2 days and i was crazy busy so i only told a few people i was coming!

Tara said...

Willi! I'm so glad you got to come down and see Ben's farewell. I'm so excited for him!! I hope everything is fabulous in the land of no sun. Haha we miss you in az. Love you!