Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dreamy Little Sun Song

When the day has reached it's end
And everyone has locked their doors,
You and I will chat sometimes
Until you say it's time for bed.

And all I want to do is fix your sheets
and send you off to sleep with something sweet.

So I'll sing you a dreamy little sun song
Emphasising cloudy horizons,
Melting into clusters of pink and blue.
Fields of flowers flowing in the soft light
of sunset breaking gentle on the mountains there.

And the next time life don't treat us right,
When everyone has lost their heads,
You and I will run and hide
to the comfort of our paisley bed.

And whisper wish our sorrows to the wind,
Convincing us of truth till I begin.

Singing quiet a dreamy little sun song
Emphasising cloudy horizons,
Melting into clusters of orange and red.
Swimming through the troubled clouds of anger
To land softly on the cheerful soil somewhere else.






I haven't forgotten what that felt like, just so you know.

1 comment:

{ mr and mrs jp } said...

i love this and i love you. i love your comments on my blog. they make me happy. lets play soon. puhllleasee? i miss your pretty face willi. i willi willi love you willi. haha remember that?? backhandspring and all;)